The Walt Disney Company Program Manager, Operations in Burbank, California
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings and publishing activities.
The Program Manager will be responsible for the (i) long term planning strategy of building wide assets, (ii) manage/assist with scope development, cost estimation, prioritization, planning, and execution of the Recurring Capital program and (iii) provide guidance to project engineers and project managers directly in a team environment. The number of assets in the Program Manager’s portfolio consists of approximately150 facilities spanning over 7 million square feet that are managed by Corporate Real Estate Operations on the West Coast.
The Program Manager is accountable for developing, maintaining and improving the integrated recurring five-year investment plans consisting of a variety of assets. This individual will develop feasible asset strategies covering all building systems. This individual will help the customers to think strategically and assist them in making informed business decisions. In addition, he/she will: develop and drive a consistent, accurate and realistic long-term master plan schedule; motivate customers in regards to planning objectives; drive towards achieving consistency, accuracy and fairness in applying category and priority criteria; and ensure that the justification of each project is solid (e.g. IRR, Operational Improvement, Lifecycle, etc.) and meets the criteria needed for Capital investment. Off the five-year plan, the Program Manager manages the scope development, cost estimation and prioritization for specific projects so the Annual Operating Plan for the next fiscal year may be developed. These activities may involve operations managers, project engineers, project managers and contracted cost estimators. The role consolidates the AOP and facilitates the review and approval by senior management of the individual projects and the plan as a whole. The role is also responsible for submitting the plan to Finance.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accuracy and consistency of the planning database and data integrity for multiple assigned areas. This will include coordinating with consultant estimators and engineering firms to ensure that each project has an accurate estimate and a well-developed work scope. In addition, this position will coordinate the collection of actual data upon the completion of work and update the planning database. This position will also ensure that reports and presentations are prepared to facilitate the planning and decision making process.
This role will be responsible for the management of the current year recurring capital plan for assigned portfolio, maintaining accurate forecasts, cash flow, and schedule with the assistance of Project Controls. This requires the tracking of planned projects and managing changes to the portfolio which may include changes to scope/schedule/budget, unplanned projects and deferred projects. This will include design reviews, scope management, schedule management, budget management, request for information (RFI) management, submittal management, requests for proposal, contract development, change order negotiation and processing, and invoicing, punch walks and close out delivery.
Responsibilities : • Responsible to thoroughly understand and communicate stakeholder requirements to appropriate team members, and manage all requirements
• Develop, maintain, and improve recurring and integrated multi-year plans-this will include meeting with relevant Operation teams, Subject Matter experts and leveraging Tririga data to develop a holistic 5 year recurring capital program.
• Help customers think strategically and assist them in making informed business and engineering decisions with respect to how their intended projects will impact the surrounding facility.
• Review capital plans submitted by Corporate Real Estate and other business units and identify opportunities for alignment with the recurring capital program.
• Develop and drive a consistent, accurate, realistic long-term master plan. Work closely with Infrastructure Services, Production Services, and the business units to position work to optimize advance planning.
• Define the scope of individual projects in collaboration with operations team members
• Consolidate project schedules into a program schedule, identifying constraints and risks and highlighting those with senior manager
• Establish clear ownership for project assignments, ensure that team members have the tools needed, and provide timely feedback
• Closely monitor project timelines, budget, and stakeholder expectations to deliver successful projects
This role will work closely with Project Control analysis on development of various reports. Establishing, developing and streamlining reporting processes.
• Track progress and review project tasks and highlight risks of delays
• Monitor the progress of the program and recommend adjustments to meet program targets
• Ensure that reports are prepared to facilitate the decision making process, including adequate scope definition, strong justifications, and accurate estimates for each project.
• Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project
• Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a periodic basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
• Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior management on a regular basis
• Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
• Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
• Ensure accuracy of reports submitted to finance, including cash flow forecasts and Jobs in Progress (JIP)
• Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the entire life of the project.
• Solicit feedback on the performance of vendors, consultants and contractors
• Partner with Project Controls and management to develop metrics and use them to achieve performance and operational excellence
• Identify opportunities throughout the total project lifecycle, from project identification to project completion and closeout, to improve scoping, scheduling and budgeting
• Identify opportunities to streamline project management processes, transactions and workflows
• Manage service contracts in collaboration with operations managers, updating the scope of work when required and managing the RFP when the contract is due for expiration
• Help and assist with developing Design Guiding Principles (DGPs) to ensure consistency of installations and specifications across properties
• Work with union trades and third-party facilities management providers
Basic Qualifications :
• 5-10 years project management experience
• Experience in program or capital management
• Able to accurately project cost reports and project financials
• Strong financial acumen and able to update budget numbers quickly and accurately, partnering with project controls
• Experience with critical path project scheduling (Microsoft Project, Primavera, or similar)
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to prepare and deliver executive presentations
• Demonstrate leadership skills
Required Education :
Bachelor’s degree (4 year degree) in architecture, engineering, construction management.
Preferred Education :
Project Management certificate and/or Master’s degree. Mechanical /Electrical engineering degree.
Additional Information :
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services
Job ID: 603731BR
Job Posting Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)