The Walt Disney Company Art Director – Unannounced CG Junior Series in Glendale, California
This is a key leadership role that partners with the Executive Producer, Producer, Production Designer (if applicable), and Vendor Studio to execute the creative vision of the show while working within the schedule and budget for the series.
The Art Director will oversee and work directly with the design team to ensure a quality and consistency of style throughout the series, from the opening title, body of episode to end credits. They must be experienced in the creation of detailed style guides and be comfortable dealing with internal and external departments on a daily basis. They will have strong management skills to oversee and give feedback to artistic crew. They will be responsible for anticipating and problem-solving complexity issues. This role requires collaboration with and leadership of a diverse group of people in a fast-paced environment.
• Work closely with the Executive Producer and Director(s) on all aspects of the episodic look and mood
• Oversee assembly & approval of “199” main model pack to be sent to the assigned vendor animation studio as well as use for internal reference.
• Partner in setting the visual style of the series, creating conceptual and production artwork. This includes the Art Review, Black and White Line Art Review and Color Art Review for Executive approval. Subsequent reviews for later seasons may also be required if style evolves.
• Oversee entire design team including Designers, BG Painters and Color Designers, assigning work and monitoring their schedules to create and maintain consistency with the design of the project
• Approve all color backgrounds and color created by the Color Designers for the characters, props and effects
• Read Outlines/Scripts, attend Storyboard pitches and Animatic reviews, flagging potential complexity or design count issues.
• Maintain production schedule provided by Producer to ensure cost effective, timely production
• Communicate and problem-solve with vendor animation studio. Work with the Production team and the Digital department, create tools as well as information/”do’s and don’ts” document to help vendor studio achieve the required look within our budget and schedule.
• Partner with the Producer, Line Producer, and Production Supervisor to create schedules and casting assignments.
• Work with the TDs to ensure color correct and technically accurate deliveries are achieved.
• Regularly communicate with our Partner Studio(s) and lead episodic design and asset launches.
• May oversee Assistant Art Director if applicable.
• 5-7 years of experience in artistic animation production
• Experience leading a team preferred
• Experience working with vendor animation studios preferred
• Knowledge of drawing software that includes Photoshop, Illustrator, Harmony and 3D technology, where applicable
• A broad knowledge of artistic styles, latest technology and film is essential
• Strong leadership qualities with the ability to partner with Creatives and Executives, collaborate with peers, and manage and mentor artists
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and solve problems in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to align with style and sensibility of show
• Positive attitude with the ability to be flexible
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, e-social skills and acumen
• Ability to travel outside of the country
Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Equal Opportunity Employer--Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Job ID: 767557BR
Job Posting Company: Media Networks
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.