The Walt Disney Company Standards and Practices Associate in New York, New York
Job Summary :
The Disney Standards & Practices team handles clearance of all advertising intended for distribution on ABC Network, Freeform, FX Networks and National Geographic Channel Networks. Standards & Practices Associates review high profile national advertising campaigns to ensure consistency with company policy, network and industry advertising guidelines, and Disney Ad Sales policies. This position works collaboratively and creatively with internal and external stakeholders, including Disney Ad Sales, media buyers, and advertising agency executives.
Standards & Practices Associates /Ad Review Specialist are tasked with reviewing advertising at all phases of its development, from concept or script stage to final, to assess overall acceptability, including issues of tastefulness and appropriateness, truthfulness and accuracy of advertising claims, appropriate scheduling, and a myriad of other issues.
As part of the creative review process, Associates /Ad Review Specialist interpret and apply policy and handle technical issues and matters of taste and appropriateness. In order to determine whether advertising is truthful and accurate, Associates /Ad Review Specialist must be able to identify express and implied claims and assess the adequacy of a variety of forms of supporting documentation submitted by Advertisers to support such representations, including studies, market research and related complex industry-specific data. In order to address matters of taste and appropriateness, Associates/Ad Review Specialist must have an appreciation of community sensibilities and an awareness of current events.
Associates /Ad Review Specialist are also tasked with communicating to team members, internal partners, and advertising clients, comments on creative issues, requests for support, suggestions for creative revisions, and related conclusions on proposed content. Integral to this role is maintaining thorough records of all communications, claim support, and other documentation obtained and utilized in the clearance process.
Basic Qualifications /Requirements :
· Working knowledge or familiarity with advertising or marketing laws; FTC, FCC, and FDA regulations; clinical analysis; product testing; market research and/or statistical analysis.
· Excellent analytical, critical thinking, organizational, and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience in a role demonstrating excellent analytical skills, writing ability, attention to detail, and interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
· Detail oriented, self-starter able to work independently and collaboratively.
· Ability to prioritize and complete a steady influx of assignments in a fast-paced environment including inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to exercise a high level of analytical rigor and maintain thorough records at all times.
· Experience in broadcast or advertising standards and/or production a plus.
Masters/Advanced degree (or background) in marketing, science, research, or communications.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $66.420 to $89,100 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
Job ID: 10026940
Location: New York,New York
Job Posting Company: The Walt Disney Company (Corporate)
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.