The Walt Disney Company Sr Software Engineer, Connected Devices in Richmond, California
As a Senior Software Engineer for the Connected Devices, Set-top Box Platform and Software Engineering Team, you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible on some of the most interesting 10-foot devices in the marketplace. You’ll be part of an advance team where you’ll be in uncharted territory exploring the latest connected and set-top box devices on the market.
We’re looking for an engineer who's proficient in Rust in an embedded systems world, with experience writing cross platform code, porting applications and runtimes across multiple hardware platforms, with an attention to detail that goes deep in uncovering the nuances of set-top box hardware to optimize our application experiences.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
● To work on a bleeding edge technology stack
● To work with a world-class team of Engineers
● To work on award-winning, complex apps and systems
● To work in a highly collaborative team environment
● To have an influence on the innovation of products used globally by millions Responsibilities:
Be a critical member of a team of engineers responsible for building our next generation platform and apps for embedded and set-top box devices.
● Application development for a native environment.
● Work with hardware manufacturing partners to vet new hardware.
● Port and optimize our work to new hardware.
● Maintain a strong understanding of our native client platform (written in C/C++) to identify, research and address issues as they arise.
● Test and assess our internal video player on new hardware. Explore DRM capabilities and ability to access OS and driver level decoding and decryption.
● Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering teams and product to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements. Basic Qualifications:
● Senior level candidates should have 5+ years of C/C++ experience on embedded systems and/or writing portable mulit-platform code.
● Strong experience with older version of C++ (98) and comfortable with Modern C++ (11/14/17) ● Understanding of various chip architectures and what features they support
● Experience using build runners / compilation tools for multi-platform projects ● Senior level candidates will have experience mentoring junior level team members.
● Familiarity with set-top box development and specialized SoCs from manufacturers like Broadcom, MediaTek, SigmaTel, etc.
● Cross device/distro dependency management
● Game engines and game engine technologies
● Webkit, WPE, Chromium, Cobalt
● React Native
● Familiarity with .Net / Xamarin runtimes
● Visual Studio or IDE of choice!
● Github Enterprise
● Linux / Windows / Mac
Company Overview :
Job ID: 699024BR
Job Posting Company: Direct-to-Consumer and International
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.