The Walt Disney Company Sr Software Engineer in Santa Monica, California
The DMED Technology organization plays a central role in the future growth of The Walt Disney Company. Our team is responsible for worldwide linear and digital media distribution, design and development of all consumer-facing digital products, advertising technology, consumer data, and international broadcast operations. Our employees are leading, creating, and innovating, making bold moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With The Walt Disney Company, you can be part of media's evolution, helping us create what's next.
Ad applications organization within Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution organization is fully responsible for building,
enhancing and maintaining the high-performance, distributed, microservice-based Digital Advertising Platform. The platform is charged with
the qualification, delivery, and tracking of Digital Advertising campaigns (Video on Demand, Live TV, and innovative interactive ads) across all of
Disney online properties, including Hulu and ESPN+.
In addition, Ad application teams collaborate in the development of supporting components, such as anti-ad fatigue systems,
impression counting pipelines, and ad experience flows. We also work on integrations with critical services responsible for the correct pacing,
targeting, and selection of ads.
As a member of our team, you will apply your knowledge and skills to help us deliver scalable, performant, maintainable, and
On a daily basis you should bring:
• A willingness and desire to effectively communicate and collaborate across teams and systems.
• Demonstrated ownership for the projects delivered by your team and department
• Knowledge of system design and implementation best practices to guide and mentor
• A passion for mentoring, learning, and adapting to a very dynamic and fast paced environment
• A proven ability to work with product teams to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementations, as well as the ability to
define technical and operational metrics to measure system health
• A keen eye for potential optimizations and enhancements to our services
• Kindness and pragmatic optimism.
• Your unique view and experience
• Writing and reviewing a lot of code and tests
• Available for a weekly-rotating On-Call support schedule
• Reading requirements documentation from Product and translating into implementation tickets, and leading the team through
• Defining, reviewing, and documenting software and system designs in a high throughput, low latency microservices environment
• Enhancing systems’ observability with proper metrics, monitors and alerts
• BS preferred in Computer science (CS), Electrical engineering (EE), Computer Information System or relevant work experience
• 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
• Proficiency with server-side Java and database technology such as MySQL
• Demonstrable analytical / problem solving skills
• Great communication, collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic with both technical and non-technical audiences
MS degree, preferred in Computer science (CS), Electrical engineering (EE), Computer Information System Experience with:
• SpringBoot and related Spring projects
• Non-relational database technologies e.g. DynamoDB
• Apache Kafka and/or Kinesis
• AWS or other cloud platform
• Terraform, Docker and Kubernetes
• Ad Tech industry
Job ID: 10006238
Location: Santa Monica,California
Job Posting Company:
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.